The company in the heart of Austria offers its customers a wide range of different milk and cheese products.
The Gmundner Dairy
High level certified company
The Gmundner Dairy is the third largest dairy in Austria with an annual turnover of 175 million Euros.
There are 340 employees at the headquarters in Gmunden and the Sattledt branch. Approx. 900,000 liters of raw milk are processed into high-quality milk and cheese products daily. Modern and efficient production facilities ensure customers of a high-quality and economical production of milk and cheese specialties.
- Production of long-life (UHT) milkand long-life (UHT) milk products
- Butter and fats
- Food service products
- Wide range of domestic cheeses
One company: 2,800 owners
The 2,800 dairy farmers not only deliver their raw milk to the Gmundner Dairy but are also, at the same time, owners of this cooperative with a long tradition.
Rooted in the region: In 1931 about 40 dairy farmers, mainly from Traunkirchen and Altmünster near Gmunden, had a vision: to create a common platform for the collection, processing and marketing of their milk. Since the foundation stone was laid a lot has happened.
Facts and figures about the Gmundner Milch farmers
- A total of about 2,600 farmers deliver their raw milk to the Gmundner Dairy.
- The catchment area extends from the Bohemian Forest onto Pyhrn and from the Pötschen Pass and Mattsee in the Salzburg Lake District onto the district of Melk in Lower Austria.
- On average, a Gmundner dairy farmer delivers 105,000 kg of raw milk per year to the Gmundner Dairy, where it is refined into valuable dairy and cheese products.
- About 18 dairy cows are located on the farm of the average Gmundner Milch supplier.
- The „genetically unmodified“ certification guarantees constant monitoring of the dairy farmers and processing plants as well as the entire upstream animal feed industry.
- By processing regional raw milk our farmers actively contribute to the preservation of typical landscapes in our region.